Pest Management Division members manufacture, formulate, and market consumer, industrial and institutional products that protect against pests that pose public health threats and promote human health and comfort. The division also includes chemical producers, industrial suppliers, distributors and packaging suppliers.
Products and ingredients designed to control or eliminate pests in any environment and that are subject to pesticide regulations. Types of products include insecticides, rodenticides, repellents, insect bait stations and traps, lawn and garden products, and pet products.
Pesticide Registration and Improvement Act (PRIA)… Supported the advocacy efforts of a HCPA-led coalition to develop and advance the fourth iteration of the Pesticide Registration and Improvement Act.
Working with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Working with EPA’s Pesticide Registration Division to reduce inconsistent regulatory decisions on pesticide applications, requests for amendments, and other regulatory actions.
- Shared concerns with EPA staff in the Office of Pesticide Programs regarding disclosure of inert ingredients and regarding compliance with retailer transparency initiatives.
- Working with EPA to minimize the impact associated with the supply disruption of the preservative, BIT.
- Coordinated efforts of members working with the EPA Pesticide Registration Division to draft updated and contemporary efficacy guidelines. EPA is planning to release revised guidelines on bed bugs, premise and fire ants in the near future.
Working with State Agencies on Pesticide Issues
- Developed letter to South Dakota to raise concerns about ongoing registration delays.
- Provided example EPA-approved labels that meet the California Proposition 65 Clear & Reasonable Warning requirements.
- Coordinated with California Department of Pesticide Regulation on a webinar detailing recent “Changes to CEQA and the Notice of Proposed Decision to Register” process for pesticide products.
If you’re concerned with any of these issues regarding Pest Manangement Products, contact us and learn how beneficial an HCPA membership could be.