Pest Control Division members manufacture, formulate, and market consumer, industrial and institutional products that protect against pests that pose public health threats and promote human health and comfort. The division also includes chemical producers, industrial suppliers, distributors and packaging suppliers.
Products and ingredients designed to control or eliminate pests in any environment and that are subject to pesticide regulations. Types of products include insecticides, rodenticides, repellents, insect bait stations and traps, lawn and garden products, and pet products.
Pesticide Registration and Improvement Act (PRIA)… Supported the advocacy efforts of a HCPA-led coalition to develop and advance the fourth iteration of the Pesticide Registration and Improvement Act.
Working with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Worked with EPA’s Pesticide Registration Division Director Michael Goodis to reduce inconsistent regulatory decisions on pesticide applications, requests for amendments, and other regulatory actions.
- Shared concerns with EPA staff in the Office of Pesticide Programs regarding disclosure of inert ingredients and regarding compliance with retailer transparency initiatives.
- Developed comments for submission to EPA in conjunction with Antimicrobial Division on “Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda” in response to Executive Order 13777. Developed comments on diquat dibromide to address industry-wide concerns of the proposed restrictions.
- Developed comments on the registration review… of “Preliminary Comparative Environmental Fate and Ecological Risk Assessment for the Registration Review of Eight Synthetic Pyrethroids and Pyrethrins” to ensure that EPA consider the benefits to consumers and risk assessment refinement opportunities as part of the registration review.
- Coordinated efforts of members working with the EPA Pesticide Registration Division to draft updated and contemporary efficacy guidelines. EPA is planning to release revised guidelines on bed bugs, premise and fire ants in the near future.
If you’re concerned with these issues regarding Pest Control Products, contact us and learn how beneficial an HCPA membership could be.